Teva Pharmaceuticals Director Global Alliance Management in Parsippany, New Jersey
Director Global Alliance Management
Date: Oct 8, 2021
Location: Parsippany, New Jersey, US, 07054
Company: Teva Pharmaceuticals
Teva is a global pharmaceutical leader and the world's largest generic medicines producer, committed to improving health and increasing access to quality health solutions worldwide. Our employees are at the core of our success, with colleagues in over 80 countries delivering the world's largest medicine cabinet to 200 million people every day. We offer a uniquely diverse portfolio of products and solutions for patients and we've built a promising pipeline centered around our core therapeutic areas. We are continually developing patient-centric solutions and significantly growing both our generic and specialty medicines business through investment in research and development, marketing, business development and innovation. This is how we improve health and enable people to live better, healthier lives. Join us on our journey of growth!
Around 200 million people worldwide take one of our medicines every day. In the United States, where Teva is the leading generic pharmaceutical company, one out of every nine prescriptions is filled by a Teva product. In the both the UK and Canada, it is one out of every six. In addition, many prescription medications made by other companies include active pharmaceutical ingredients produced by Teva
In your position you will be responsible to ensure effective and collaborative relationships with Teva’s external partners to maximize the value of the partnership. The Alliance Manager is the liaison with the partner and is responsible to facilitate internal alignment among Teva stakeholders to ensure consistent and collaborative interactions with the partner. The individual must have a strong understanding of drug development and commercialization to facilitate Teva and the partner collaborating to deliver value to both parties. You will provide leadership for joint governance committees, manages fulfillment of obligations to and from the partner and is responsible in collaboration with Legal for renegotiations or additional agreements with the partner as required.
• Develop collaborative relationships with assigned partners. Function as the point of contact to the partner and internal colleagues. Understand the partner’s business, their markets and business challenges. Monitor the health and the effectiveness of the partnership.
• Work closely with internal Teva team members and stakeholders to prepare for interactions with partners. Understand project/partnership details to manage day-to-day issues arising from the collaboration. Work with internal colleagues to reach decisions and to ensure communication with the partner is effective and consistent. Monitor and anticipate issues to ensure timely resolution.
• Organize and run governance processes with the partners (e.g. joint steering committees). Develop agendas and facilitate meetings, timely distribution of minutes and completion of action items. Facilitate agreements and compromises with the partner to maintain value. Orchestrate internal preparatory discussions to ensure internal alignment.
• Understand and manage the contractual obligations both to and from partner and adherence to defined responsibilities thereby avoiding impact and liability of not adhering to the agreement.
• Support the smooth project transition from execution of the deal to ongoing partnership and post agreement obligations.
• Coordinate with Corporate Communications, IR other relevant Teva stakeholders to facilitate consistent public disclosures between Teva and partners.
• Communicate alliance challenges, issues, and status to Teva senior management.
• Build and maintain Alliance Management systems and processes as needed, and in collaboration with other functions e.g. Legal as appropriate
Less than 25%
What you will bring to your new role!
• Bachelors Degree in a science or healthcare discipline. Advanced degree or MBA preferred.
• At least 10 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry with knowledge of drug development and commercialization. At least 3 years experience in the management of alliances.
• Ability to navigate and be successful in a global, fast-paced, matrix work environment to coordinate and build consensus among multiple parties / functions / groups.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to clearly formulate and articulate decisions and actions.
• Expert interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to effectively manage across corporate hierarchy and functional areas.
• Demonstrated ability to collaboratively manage cross functional teams
• 12 plus years of pharmaceutical industry experience. Experience managing partnerships related to development and commercialization of pharmaceutical products.
• Experience working in or with multiple functional areas within a pharmaceutical organization.
In process of validation
Already Working @TEVA?
If you are a current Teva employee, please apply using the internal career site available on "Employee Central". By doing so, your application will be treated with priority. You will also be able to see opportunities that are open exclusively to Teva employees. Use the following link to search and apply:Internal Career Site (https://performancemanager.successfactors.eu/sf/careers/jobsearch?bplte_company=1080030P)
The internal career site is available from your home network as well. If you have trouble accessing your EC account, please contact your local HR/IT partner.
Teva’s Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
Teva Pharmaceuticals is committed to equal opportunity in employment. It is Teva's global policy that equal employment opportunity be provided without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran status, national or ethnic origin or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable laws. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to support you throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
Teva Pharmaceuticals USA requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, however, Teva will consider requests for reasonable accommodations.
EOE including disability/veteran