Teva Pharmaceuticals Compounder III in Irvine, California
Date: Oct 15, 2020
Location: Irvine, California, US, 92618
Company: Teva Pharmaceuticals
Teva is a global pharmaceutical leader and the world's largest generic medicines producer, committed to improving health and increasing access to quality health solutions worldwide. Our employees are at the core of our success, with colleagues in over 80 countries delivering the world's largest medicine cabinet to 200 million people every day. We offer a uniquely diverse portfolio of products and solutions for patients and we've built a promising pipeline centered around our core therapeutic areas. We are continually developing patient-centric solutions and significantly growing both our generic and specialty medicines business through investment in research and development, marketing, business development and innovation. This is how we improve health and enable people to live better, healthier lives. Join us on our journey of growth!
Teva Pharmaceuticals is looking to fill a Compounder III in Irvine, California. This role performs various compounding and equipment washing, monitors materials and equipment in the Compounding area to support compounding process. Trains personnel on processes following appropriate SOP’s and assembly drawings. Reviews departmental documentation. Assists with Validation and Engineering projects. Assist lead / supervision as assigned day-to-day activity.
This position will work either 2nd shift or 3rd shift.
Candidates must be flexible as to shift and days of the week.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
• Equipment set up and formulations of small batches and suspension products.
• Set up suspension tanks and SIP tank/mixer seals.
• Perform cleaning of classified areas in compliance with SOP’s. Must be able to accomplish all daily, weekly, monthly and restoration activities for all ISO Class 7 and CNC areas. Formulation of cleaning, sanitizing and passivation solutions.
• Perform weighing of raw materials used for batch processing.
• Perform tank/ equipment cleaning in all production Lines and post Fill.
• Assists management with batch record revisions, writing of SOPs for new and existing processes. Trains personnel on SOP revisions for new and existing processes. Suggests process and equipment design improvements.
• Reviews logbooks, batch records, and any other paperwork used in Compounding for accuracy and completeness.
• Ensure that all policies, department SOP’s, documentation, safety regulations and cGMP’s are strictly adhered to.
• Assist OJT with training of new employees. Must demonstrate strong coaching skills.
• Coordinates schedule changes with management. Under the direction of management, trains, instructs, and monitors Compounding personnel to assure that GMPs and SOPs are followed.
• Review area audits, safety and compliance audits and assist in implementation of the corrective action. Follow Teva Safety, Health, and Environmental policies and procedures.
• Other duties, as assigned, or as business needs require.
• Timely, accurate and expeditious staging, weighing, dispensing of the raw material and cleaning of all the compounding equipment and tanks.
• Timely completion of the production schedule.
• Assist supervision in absence of Lead and Lead Technician in the day-to-day activities.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Minimum of 3 years of production related experience
• Suspension product experience preferred.
• Pharmaceutical formulations or bulk processing experience preferred.
In process of validation
Already Working @TEVA?
If you are a current Teva employee, please apply using the internal career site available on "Employee Central". By doing so, your application will be treated with priority. You will also be able to see opportunities that are open exclusively to Teva employees. Use the following link to search and apply: Internal Career Site
The internal career site is available from your home network as well. If you have trouble accessing your EC account, please contact your local HR/IT partner.
Teva’s Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
Teva Pharmaceuticals is committed to equal opportunity in employment. It is Teva's global policy that equal employment opportunity be provided without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran status, national or ethnic origin or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable laws.
EOE including disability/veteran